- Purchase a One-Way pass or a BIXI membership by clicking on Rent a bike. If you already have a membership, log in to your account and start at step 2.
- On the main page of the app, click on Scan to unlock at the bottom of your screen.
- Scan the QR code on the bike of your choice (You will see a yellow light indicating that the code is being validated. The light will turn green when the bike is unlocked.)
- Firmly pull the unlocked bike out of the docking point by its handlebars. It’s that easy!
- Log in to your member account and press on the icon featuring 2 silhouettes in the bottom right corner on the main screen of the BIXI application.
- Specify if you want to invite 1 or 2 friend(s) and continue with the purchase.
- Scan the QR code on the available bikes at the station to unlock them.
- Tap the icon at the top left of your screen on the app's main page to access your profile
- Press on Settings
- Press on Log out, at the bottom of your screen
Always close by, the BIXI app facilitates your experience so that there’s only one thing left to do: make the most of your ride.
To download the app, follow this link or scan the code below with your smart device.
iOS: iOS 10.0 or later
OS: Android 4.4 or later
Let's unlock our first bike together!
Download the BIXI mobile app and make sure the app is authorized to access your geo-location and your camera. Then, follow the steps below:
If you're a BIXI member, invite your friends to join you with Group Ride! You can add One-Way rides to your credit card and unlock up to 3 bikes. It’s fun to discover the city alone, and it’s even better with 2 friends!
With Group Ride, you follow the One-Way rates per minute (but avoid the $100 security deposit!). An initial amount is billed per bike for unlocking, and per-minute fees are added to the unlocking fee, depending on the type of bike chosen for a personalized rate.
If the trip timer is still running on the BIXI app, the last bike you rented has not been docked correctly. Please call us at 514-789-BIXI (2494) or 1-877-820-2453. Open 24/7. Take note of the bike number displayed and return to the station where you dropped off the bike. You can find the bike number on the left side of the bike, near the rear wheel. This will allow you to identify your bike so that you can properly return it and complete your trip. The bike is your responsibility until it is safely returned to our network.